Everlane Mobile Site Redesign

The following case study is a look at how our team tackled redesigning parts of the mobile Everlane.com site. We focused on improving the user experience, accessibility standards, and overall site performance. If you're curious you can read more about these changes here.
In design collaboration with Anelese Webster and Nadia Sko

User Research and Design Explorations

We first needed to learn and identify what were the key details that drove a customer to make a purchase. In our initial discovery phase we conducted various research tactics in order to find our answers. These tactics included site analysis, customer service tickets, in-person user interviews, and competitor research.

Early Explorations, User Flow, Research, and Prototyping

High-fidelity Mobile Wireframes

Early Explorations, User Flow, Research, and Prototyping

Design Explorations

Designing within a systems mindset allowed us to build consistent themes throughout the design process and leads to larger, more impactful decision making. Our primary goals included: Accessibility and Inclusion, Discovery and Browsing, and Updated User Interface. We brainstormed, tested, and reiterated many low-fidelity wireframes that allowed us eventually land on "pass off to engineering" worthy designs.

Early Mobile Explorations

Early Mobile Explorations and Design System Work

Final Product

After the discovery phase we decided to prioritize redesigning three large site features of the customer journey. These components included: site navigation, product collection page, and product display page.

We did this while keeping in-mind the importance of providing a fluid browsing experience and designing for simple decisioning.

Early Explorations, User Flow, Research, and Prototyping

High-fidelity Wireframes

High-fidelity Wireframes

Designing for Scale

Our next step is adapting these changes to transition eventually over to desktop and tablet. While continuing to redefine and edit the remaining mobile components.